of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
"As the bird emerges from it's shell, so did Jesus from His tomb"
These twelve eggs are not decorated but are numbered.
Each tells a parts the Easter story.
These eggs we hide on Sunday
then when all twelve are found
we look inside to hear the Easter story....
1.And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and praying saying. o my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
*Sacrament cup (a small cup)*
2. Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests, and said unto them, what will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you?
And they covenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver.
3. When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death; and when they had bound him, they led him away and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the Governor.
*piece of rope*
4.When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was make, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying "I am innocent of the blood of this just person, and said "His blood be on us and on our children." Then released he Barabbas unto them. And when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.
5.And they stripped him. and put on him a scarlet robe. And when they had platter a crown of thorns, they put in upon his head, and a reed in his right hand; and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him saying, "Hail, King of the Jews!" And they spit upon him, took the reed and smote him on the head.
*red fabric and thorns*
6. And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him. And as they come out, they found a man to Cyrene, Simon by name: Him they compelled to bear his cross.
*cross and nail*
7.And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Prophet...and sitting down they watched him there.
8. Jesus, when he had cried again with a low voice, yielding up the ghost. And behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent....now when the centurion, they that saw the earthquake, and those things were done, they feared greatly, saying, truly this was the Son of God.
9.Then Joseph, a rich man. went to Pilate and begged for the body of Jesus, Then Pilate commanded that body to be delivered. And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped in it a clean linen cloth, and laid Him in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock.
10.And he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulcher, and departed, Pilate said unto them, (the chief priests and Pharisees) Ye have a watch; go your way, make it as sure as ye can, So they went and made the sepulcher sure, sealing the stone and setting the watch.
Matthew 27;60, 65-66
11. And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene and Mary, the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. And the angel said into the women, fear not ye; for I know that ye seek Jesus which was crucified
Mark 16:1; Matthew 28:2,5
The Falling Feather Farm
*items to place in egg